
His talk show âLopez Tonightâ got the axe last night, and George Lopez explained what happened to cut his late night run short.
The veteran comedian began, âSo in case you didnât hear the news, TBS has decided not to renew Lopez Tonight. But thatâs alright!â
Lopez also joked, âSo hey! Did you guys see the news? Unemployment is at an all-time high and for Latinos it just got a little higher.â
âI did get some good news this morning though. Sony announced they were doing a sequel to The Smurfs movie. So today I lost some work because Iâm brown, but also I got some work because Iâm blue.â
George also mused, âAnd really almost like every TV star who loses his job. Now what am I going to do, everybody asks. What am I going to do now? Like every TV star before Iâm going to find some crack. Iâm going to get on the pipe. Lose that unwanted 110 pounds Iâve been trying to loseâ¦â He concluded with, âWeâre not saying goodbye. Weâre saying cable doesnât work.â